Friday 3 July 2009

Friendship Friday ~ What do you value in your close friendships with women?


Tosca Lee


Authenticity. With my dear girlfriends, I can admit my highest ambitions and my secret sins, share my greatest successes and mourn my greatest lows. I can worry over relationships, discuss money, share things God is teaching me, contemplate
the merits of botox, and talk out loud about my consistent battle with Irritable Bowel.

You can’t do all that with just anyone, you know. :D


Demon: A Memoir ~ Havah: The Story of Eve



Elizabeth White

This is a wonderful question. Besides my mom and my three younger sisters, who are perhaps closest to me for obvious reasons, I have one "best" friend.. I met Tammy in a college fiction writing class twenty-two years ago. We pray and read the Bible together regularly and pray for one another consistently. We review and critique one another's writing; we pursue a variety of creative outlets like music and arts and crafts. We go to different churches, but we teach one another, rebuke and encourage one another. She's struggled with singleness, cancer and the loss of both parents; I've struggled with the loss of publishers, finishing grad school, a horrible job, and a wayward child. I literally don't know what I would've done without her spiritual wisdom and feminine compassion. I would not be the writer I am today without her input and prayer support. I also have other women friends who fill in gaps and challenge me to grow as a Christian and as an artist. Other pastor's wives, fellow teachers, fellow musicians and writers...these women have kept me grounded and humble, as well as encouraged and mentored me. God has truly blessed me, and the more I think about it, the more absolutely in awe I stand!

Fireworks ~ Fair Game ~ Controlling Interest ~ Tour de Force

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...