Friday 17 July 2009

Friendship Friday ~ What do you value in your close friendships with women?


Jennifer
Erin Valent

Thanks for including me in your mailing for this. I actually wrote about this subject for Proverbs 31 ministries' blog last year. It's a subject very dear to my heart.

Everyone knows life has a way of overwhelming, and when it starts to creep in and grab me by the throat, my personality starts to slip away. That's when I know I need a girls' night out! Most of my girlfriends are people I grew up with, and when you spend years maturing with the same group of people around you, part of them becomes part of you. Because of that, they have an uncanny way of reminding me who I am. Being so close with them is a joy, but sharing my faith with them takes that joy to another level. I'm so blessed to have friends in my life who not only help identify me but who are encouragers in my walk with the Lord.

Fireflies In December ~ Cottonwood Whispers



MaryLu Tyndall

Honesty, complete openness, and an accepting, non-judgemental attitude. Hard qualities to find but worth looking for because they create a safe environment in which to share deep, personal issues and receive genuine understanding instead of criticism. I love that my close women friends "get me". You know? I can be myself with them and not worry about competition or saying or doing something that will turn them away. They understand the things I'm dealing with and that makes me feel like I'm not alone.

The Redemption ~ The Reliance ~ The Restitution ~ The Red Siren ~
The Blue Enchantress



1 comments:

Jenny said...

A safe environment where you can be yourself, and friends that encourage you in the Lord - we all really need that, don't we? Good words, ladies - thanks for sharing. (you, too, Rel *wink*)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...