Saturday 3 July 2010

Frenzy by Robert Liparulo ~ EJ's Take

Synopsis:~

It's time to enter the last story of the house.

There were things that seemed odd when the Kings first moved into their new house--but things got really strange when they realized the rooms upstairs were portals to other worlds. Even though the rooms were dangerous, it still seemed fun until people starting coming into the house and Mom was kidnapped. They've been desperately searching for her, but they risk their lives every time they enter a world.

EJ's take:~

Frenzy is the final instalment in the Dreamhouse Kings series I have been following so intently. I could not have asked for more in this enthralling story, it only took me one page to be swallowed inside of it.

This book exceeded all the others in the series and ended really well in my opinion. It continuously develops, going deeper, answering questions, and asking more until the end. It never ceases to impress, it's an absolute winner! I love the mystery that cradles this house and how I was constantly on my toes, fearing for what could happen next in all the danger that the characters faced, this book didn't slow down! One of my many favourite parts was in chapter 52, which held a strong meaning and stood out amongst some other portals. Unfortunately, I can't tell any other favourites or go into any detail for two reasons:

1. There are too many!

2. They would give away vital parts of the story.

Frenzy is in full acceleration mode from the very start and is easily my favourite book.

I promise, if you take the time to read it, you won't be disappointed!

With thanks to Thomas Nelson and CFBA for our review copy


Guest reviewer:~ my 12 year old, EJ


Relz Reviewz Extras

Visit the Whirlwind website

Reviews of House of Dark Shadows, Watcher in the Woods, Gatekeepers & Whirlwind

Character spotlights on Taksidian, David,Toria and Xander King

Exclusive interview with Bob

Visit Bob's website and blog

Buy Bob's books at Amazon or Koorong

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I agree, EJ.

Ronie Kendig said...

EJ, you're as brilliant as your mum! I loved Frenzy too!

Rel said...

Thank you Mrs. Kendig, I don't think anyone could say they didn't enjoy Frenzy!!! -EJ

Robert Liparulo said...

Sorry to take so long to post a comment. Crazy-busy as usual. Thank you, E.J. for the great review. I'm glad you liked Frenzy. You're a wonderful writer. I hope you continue writing reviews and branch into other forms of writing as well. I'd read whatever you write!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...