Saturday 24 September 2011

Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon

Synopsis:~

As a social worker, Alison Taylor has a passion for protecting children and seeing that justice is served on their behalf. But when she starts getting harassing phone calls and bizarre "gifts," it seems she may be the one in need of protection. When her tormentor's attentions take a violent turn, her brother Cole comes to her aid, along with his new partner, an ex-Navy SEAL, Detective Mitch Morgan. As her relentless stalker turns up the heat, Mitch takes a personal interest in the case. Protecting Alison has become more than just a job--because his own happiness now depends on keeping her safe.

My take:~

Irene Hannon always provides a well written romantic suspense novel and Deadly Pursuit continues that record.  All the elements are in play in her second Guardian of Justice story featuring Alison Taylor, the sister of Jake Taylor, the subject of Deadly Pursuit, the first book in the series.  Danger, fear, obsession, and revenge feature as Mitch turns up the heat on the person seeking to destroy Alison's future.  I enjoyed the interplay between Alison and her sometimes overbearing  brothers as Irene does create intriguing characters.  There is greater emphasis in this story on the attraction between the leading characters than in Irene's previous books which ended up a bit distracting for me.  I prefer the action and suspense to take the lead rather than repeated references to the protagonists' physical appearance and attraction to each other.  Deadly Pursuit is still an enjoyable read and a nice addition to this series.  I'm keen to discover what Irene has in store for the remaining Taylor sibling and police detective, Cole, in the final instalment of this series.

Available September 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

With thanks to Revell for my review copy


Relz Reviewz Extras
Reviews of Fatal JudgementAgainst All Odds , An Eye for An Eye and In Harm's Way
Character spotlights on Jake & Liz,
Coop & Monica, Mark & Emily and Nick & Rachel

Interview with Irene Visit Irene's website
Buy Irene's books at Amazon or Koorong

4 comments:

CherryBlossomMJ said...

I know it's not the main reason people read Irene's suspense, but I'm hoping that Cole will have a romance to blow us all away.

My review is up too --> Creative Madness Mama

Sara said...

I love Irene's suspense and how she flips back and forth from the "bad guy's" prospective! I'm looking forward to this one.

Anonymous said...

I've tried to respond 3 times and blogger isn't liking me today. I'll give it one more shot!

Rel, thank you, as always, for reviewing my book! Sara, I appreciate your nice comments. I love getting in the head of my villains! As for Cole--he falls for a very intriguing woman in the final book of the series, Lethal Legacy, coming next summer. Irene Hannon

Rel said...

Margaret - yeah, I have a soft spot for Cole, too. I love his practical, no nonsense approach to life :)

Sara - I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Irene - sorry blogger was giving you grief! Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Cole's story sounds intriguing, as always :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...