Wednesday 18 January 2012

Getting to know Tricia Goyer


Prolific author, Tricia Goyer, has just released her second novel written with Mike Yorkey, Chasing Mona Lisa.  It is a delight to have Tricia share about her book and her life. 

Enjoy :)


What appeals to you most about writing fiction?

What I love about fiction most is taking true stories or interesting facts and weaving them together to create a story that readers would fall in love with. I feel as I'm bringing history to life and sharing it with new generations. It's amazing that I get to be a part of that!

Why Christian fiction?

Because Jesus means everything to me I can't imagine writing and having my worldview NOT come through.

Name five things you can’t live without


Jesus, my family, my friends, my computer, social media. LOL.

Favourite book ~ Favourite movie ~ Favourite TV show

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, 13 Going on 30, Pickers

Where is the most interesting place you have been?

Prague, Czech Republic

What did you want to be when you grew up?

A 3rd Grade School Teacher

What are two things people might be surprised to know about you?

I want to adopt 3-4 more kids. (God willing!)

I met my biological father for the first time when I was 28 years old.

Chasing Mona Lisa

Synopsis

It is August 1944 and Paris is on the cusp of liberation. As the soldiers of the Third Reich flee the Allied advance, they ravage the country, stealing countless pieces of art. Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring will stop at nothing to claim the most valuable one of all, the Mona Lisa, as a post-war bargaining chip to get him to South America. Can Swiss OSS agents Gabi Mueller and Eric Hofstadler rescue DaVinci's masterpiece before it falls into German hands?

With nonstop action, Chasing Mona Lisa is sure to get readers' adrenaline pumping as they join the chase to save the most famous painting in the world. From war-ravaged Paris to a posh country chateau, the race is on--and the runners are playing for keeps.

What was your favourite scene to write in (title of current novel) or share your favourite paragraph

I loved the part where the Parisians celebrate the liberation of Paris!

He approached her and opened his arms to her, and then pulled her into a hold. They lost themselves in the throng of revelers. Gabi’s eyes locked with Eric’s, and she leaned into his hand supporting the small of her back. The movement felt safe and secure and made her hope that she would always feel this way in days to come. When he drew her close, she lay her head on his right shoulder. The tension that had bottled up all day evaporated in his embrace.


She closed her eyes and let the soaring music take her to a tranquil place. A thousand flutters—like ripples on the Seine—stirred as he gently led her around the littered cobblestones of the courtyard. It seemed right that she was here, sharing this moment with Eric and those around her. Never before had people opened their hearts as the Parisians did that afternoon. Streets flooded with joy, they were intoxicated by unsuppressed freedom, free to hug and kiss anyone within arm’s length.

Which character did you connect to the most?

I loved Colette! I appreciated her conflict of struggling to protect the priceless art and trying to protect the people around her too.

Which character was the most difficult to write?

Bernard. The resistance was so complicated. I'm glad that Mike had a great handle on the politics of the time!

What’s next in your writing pipeline?

I'm currently working on a novel with my friend Ocieanna Fleiss. It's our third Love Finds You novel we've done together. The title is, “Love Finds You in Glacier Bay, Alaska!” After that I'm working on three more Amish novels and a parenting book!

Thanks for sharing, Tricia :)

Relz Reviewz Extras
Review of The Swiss Courier
Visit Tricia's website
Visit Mike's website
Listen to an interview with Tricia & Mike
Buy Tricia's books at Amazon or Koorong

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...